How I Lost 100lbs Without Exercising!

 My Keto Spot

Throughout the weight loss journey (yes, it’s a journey!), people around me started to notice. The questions I was asked the most were “How did you do it?” and “What is the secret?” 

Well today I am sharing my secrets with you! I’m NOT here to tell you to buy some detox crap for a low payment of $49.99 and *BAM* magical weight loss overnight.  PSA that stuff doesn’t work! 

Do remember I am a full time science teacher and not a licensed medical professional, so I am just sharing what helped me and not providing medical advice.

In the summer of 2016 I was at my heaviest, at this point I struggled to breathe and just move around in general. I struggled to sit comfortably in the driver’s seat (short legs, big belly...hard to squeeze in there and reach the pedals!), I didn’t fit in standard airplane seats, forget shopping at a “regular” clothing store, and cue all of the judgmental looks whenever I would dare go out to eat somewhere. Frankly, I was miserable and it was time for change...this time I meant it.

I put in hours of googling and alas I found something I was going to try! I found a Groupon deal for a meal subscription plan - called “Rev!”. It sounded pricey but I figured it was worth a shot. I metaphorically swiped my credit card and spent the $279 for the plan (currently costs $599 according to their website). It included 28 breakfasts, 28 lunches, and 28 dinners that were supposed to help me lose weight super fast. The upside was that I got choose EVERY single item. I waited anxiously for my shipment to arrive and fasted in order to prepare for this dietary transition. I received the food and  followed their guidelines… I started losing weight! It was exciting and I was even more motivated! After about two weeks though, I got tired of the food and decided to do things myself. 

I continued the similar regimen for about a week and then transitioned into a full keto diet. From there the fat continued to melt! The part you probably don’t want to hear, but do need to know is that I lost 100lbs over the course of a year and a half. It takes time! It was a true commitment! 

In the first year I never had any kind of cheat days. The first four months of my new lifestyle I even stayed away from ALL sweeteners (real or artificial). I was very strict and that was when I saw the most weight loss.

 My Keto Spot


What was my keto-ing like? I didn’t count any calories! I only tracked my carb intake. I stayed at 20 net grams of carbs or less per day. Most of my carbs came from leafy green veggies. I made sure to get enough healthy fats (grass-fed butter was my bestie) and had some sort of protein (trocitos de puerco were my go to) at all of my meals. I ate 3 meals per day and stayed away from snacks and processed junk - as best I could. I drank loads of water and had the occasional diet ginger ale. My favorite part was that I was losing weight without exercising! It was my dream come true! I HATE working out, with a passion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Champurrado

Review: Lakanto Blueberry Muffin Mix

Staying Keto at Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles