Review: Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix

When you are doing keto you can have your cake and eat it too! Nowadays there are several options for keto and low carb cakes. There are mixes you can take home and whip up in a jiffy or you can make one from scratch at home. 

I enjoy the convenience of being able to pick up this mix at my local health food store and being able to have an easy cake whenever I want!
I picked up this Swerve Cake Mix at my local Clark's Nutrition for $7.19. Pretty good price for something that is low carb and convenient!

How easy is it to make? Super duper easy peasy!
I obviously had to complicate it by using coconut oil that I partially melted, so once I was whisking everything together, it was a bit hard. The directions don't specify a type of oil to use, if you don't like the taste of coconut then you definitely want to use something else.
All you need to have at home is some type of oil, water, vanilla, and eggs!
You whisk it all together and then put it in your prepared pan.
I use an olive oil based Pam to prep my muffin tins and I've never had an issue.
I added some Lily's chocolate chips to some of mine.

I had them in the oven for about 16 minutes.
Then, I let them cool in the muffin tins for a couple of minutes and then transferred to my cooling rack.


I would recommend storing these in an airtight container, in the fridge!
I'm keeping these naked, but some keto buttercream icing would be delicious on these!
Prep - super fast and easy!
Taste - no weird after taste! Mine do have a coconut taste, but that's because of the oil I chose. This would be a good base for lots of goodies!
Texture - not very dense, kind of light and fluffy.
Overall, I give this an 8.5/10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Champurrado

Review: Lakanto Blueberry Muffin Mix

Staying Keto at Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles